Friday, March 30, 2007

Ron



On March 29th, at 7:30 pm, Ron Hrehirchuk passed away. For 9 long months, all those who loved him prayed for him to recover. For almost a year, Ron lived in the hospital away from his two young children and his beautiful wife. Facing a lifetime as a quadriplegic on a ventilator, he made the brave and selfless decision to lay the battle for life to rest. Ron was an amazing and energetic person, fully devoted to his family and friends. His illness struck without warning, forcing his children to grow up fast and his wife to acquire an inner strength she never knew she would need.

I have been moping around in my own world feeling lost and unguided, undecided as to what my purpose is, a search that in my world is never ending.

Ron, I vow to stop searching. I vow to quit asking and waiting for the something better to come along. I have the better. I am here, alive and healthy. I walk on my own, communicate on my own and above all, take in the breath of life on my own.

I can hug your wife and children.

Ron, be at peace at last. Watch over us and continue to show us that nothing should ever be taken for granted.

You are loved and missed and never ever forgotten.

No comments: