Sunday, March 23, 2008

an update...

Hello all! I am happy to report that I am excited to have access to a computer again! This is a good sign as I am a notorious talker and not a doer, as in I TALK a lot about doing something, but never actually DO it. Writing is something I talk about doing, and not just for fun but as a way to pay the bills. I've talked about it since grade six when I told my homeroom teacher Mr. Roch that I wanted to be a writer. Well, 25 years have passes since that declaration, and I haven't done too much about it. SO, I am quite excited to say I actually missed contributing to my little challenge.

We had a great time in Winnipeg. Spending St Paddy's day with our Irish friends was fabulous, except for when Hughie announced at the banquet that Derrick and I got married because I was pregnant. I had to deny that rumour the entire week I was there. I got to visit with Ellen and Chloe and Spencey and Neve, and I got to meet Darla (new thing!!! new thing!!!), who is just as cute as her name sake from Little Rascals. Although I would hesitate to have her watch your children as she tends to stash them in boxes while you are gone. The box was big mind you, so I'm sure Spencey had lots of air.

I am going to post a video of my niece, Allyssa, dancing. I'm sure you will think it's cute and all that, but I'm not meaning to compete with Ellen's posting of Neve, as no one can compete with that! It's for my sister Susan in New york to see as I don't know how to actually email a video to her, and I don't want to you tube it. So enjoy it!

In regards my Titanic story, I'm going to start again. It's based on an actual person who sailed from Queenstown (now called Cobh, and our hometown in Ireland), and....ooops! I almost told you what happened to her! One of my biggest challenges in writing is researching and then utilizing the facts, so this will be a choppy exercise, but I'd really like to make an honest attempt. I'm going to use the first paragraph that I wrote yesterday but elaborate on it and go from there.

Okay, I'm off to post that video now...

I'm facing a challenge - Picassa will not allow me to rotate the video! I guess I held my camera vertically to videotape Allyssa, so she is now permanently recorded dancing sideways! Maybe Youtube would have allowed me to edit it?? Rotate your screen if you can!

1 comment:

L said...

Good thing my neck is better so I could tilt my head to watch the video. I did the exact same thing when recording my friend's entrance to her surprise 40th birthday party. I never did figure out how to rotate it.

The dancing was awesome! She's Spencer's age, right?? Can NOT imagine Spencer being that coordinated! Or his hair being so long. So cute!