I recently changed the structure of how I am doing my child care business. I basically ran it like a home daycare but really wasn`t making the money I should and kept adding kids to make up for it but just found the changing of car seats and waiting for various kids to show up too frustrating. So, I made a proposal to the two full time families - split a nanny wage that I am worthy of and in turn I would help out with kids`laundry and meal prep and it would be just the two families. Thursday marked the end of the first 2 weeks of the new arrangement and it went really well...until I added up my wages. Family number 2, although very appreciative of my care and help, realised they couldn`t really afford me (there have been some financial changes for them recently). So, a teary meeting for all involved today because we really do love one another, they have decided to use the public daycare on the island. When I called family number 1 to tell them of the events of the day, they got a bit panicked. But we are doing our best to make it still work for them and me and will try to replace number 2 with an equally adorable child and family.
Boy, all of a sudden I wish geeky Stephen was hanging out with us on Bowen. Watch what happens when I want to use the forward slash button (under the question mark):
éééééééééééééééééééééééééééé
I`ve done this before and can`t quite remember how I fixed it. I noticed as I was typing that my apostrophes were backwards but assumed I was in some fancy font until I tried to type child(slash)family. Huh. I amaze myself in my ability to make things happen that I didn`t really mean to happen.
I`ll just do what I always do when my computer confuses me - shut it down and start again. Solves many problems really.
Just finished doing the Sunday night tidy so I can wake up to a clean cabin. My husband was very good and cleaned up everything I told him to. Now he is pressing his suit and I am going to do some stretching and weights while we watch more of The Tudors online. There just can`t be enough warnings for nudity on this show. Boobies and buttocks a plenty! Gotta love CBC!!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man, hope your job glitches work themselves out quickly and you find another family worthy of you and your awesome care. But good for you for making the changes necessary to be happy in your job - I know it's always hard when you're dealing with parents and kids (at least ones that you like!)
Sorry I can't help you with your computer problem, but I agree that powering off and back on seems to solve a lot of problems
Sorry about the jilemma. (job-dilemma... I just made that up to try to lighten the mood... obviously failing...)
On a positive (geeky) note, I can help you with your problem... sort of.
Your web browser switched to French Canadian language mode. How, I don't know, and have never bothered to find out. But it happened to me too often so I ended up removing that from the languages that Windows can use.
(Alternatively, if you have the Language Bar always showing, you can choose languages...)
I never really looked into why it was caused in the first place though yet have been happy since the excision.
Thanks, Stephen! Not sure how to find the magic button to change that back, but it's gotta be around here somewhere....
Oh! there it is - OFF.
hahaha! No, I will really try to solve it as you suggest first.
I need a magic off button for Steve.
If you moved to Winnipeg you could be our nanny...and I would throw in Steve "the fixer of computer problems" for free.
Sheri-Lee
Post a Comment