Yesterday, we decided VERY last minute to jump on the water taxi and go to Granville Island. I actually get very little pleasure out of going there. The layout of the place is not the way I would have designed it all as I do not find it very pedestrian friendly, nor do I believe cars ought to be allowed anywhere near the place. When wandering about outside, you often find yourself stopping and saying, now which way? as you stare down alleys that appear to have nothing. And inside the market it is SO crowded, and people have no concept of how to maneuver through such a mass. You need traffic signals and divided lanes. If I were to design such a place it would be like a wheel - the market would be in the middle and lanes or "spokes" would extend outwards to a main street, or the "tire", beyond which cars would be parked. This is not an original idea, but it's a damn good one!
However, I did take some photos while getting body slammed into bins of vegetables...
Okay, SO all those photos ought to have been AFTER my random chatting, right where I told them to go, but they are NOT. I'm not fixing them.
You can't make me.
2 comments:
What is super lemon?
Sheri-Lee
I have no idea! Candy of sorts I think. I just liked the package.
Post a Comment