Sorry. Internet was down. But I'm back.
Sooooooo, one of my closest friends here called me this a.m. to tell me that last night her husband confessed to an ongoing affair that's been happening for the last 3 years or so. I wrapped up my toddlers and got to her house asap. It was a bit of a rough day to say the least. I am so incredibly sad for her. Their marriage was definitely in need of some work, okay, a LOT of work, but still. Aaargh. I could really get into telling you all this but we all know how it goes - there are no surprises in the story itself, just in the final heart wrenching chapter, but maybe that wasn't really a surprise either. She has no idea what to do or what she wants or what the next step is. Neither does he. How do you know it is worth it? How do you know that there is something worth saving? How do you step back, look at what you did or did not do to allow an affair to happen and go about repairing yourself and your marriage?
Most importantly, how do you ever trust again?
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's situation. I want you to know that I know a couple who survived an affair and have stayed together for about 35 years. All be it, it was not an affair that went on for 3 years, but they have rebuilt trust and relationship. Of course, I don't know your friend's situation, but I just wanted to encourage you that there are moments when people can work through major problems in this world of high divorce rates and infidelity.
Sheri-Lee
That's pretty crushing news. So sad for your friend. It must be traumatic for you as well; so hard to have a close friend go through something like this.
On a happier note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Post a Comment