Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yay!!! Nicole and Laura made it into the final 2!!

Sigh. Yes, I watch reality tv. Double sigh. I make fun of those who do.

I love to watch the first 1 or 2 episodes of America's Next Top Model because I like seeing what they do to the models hair to help begin their transformation to Top Model. It's often very dramatic (what they do, not the actual people, although one year they chopped off one girl's waist length hair and she was furious. When they wanted to go further and take it from 3 inches down to two, she quit the competition). Anyway, I watched this season's transformation episode and I was HOOKED. This time around it was for women 5'7" and under. As usual, there was the usual catty girls and the very first episode had this super crazy over the top fundamentalist I'm here to save the world and lead the people to Jesus through my modeling girl but she mysteriously disappeared after episode one and a google search gives nothing more than "left for personal reasons". I think she was booked into a crazy clinic. I mean seriously, she was OVER THE TOP.

Anyhoo (For you Dan. After all, I'm discussing my addiction to reality tv - the two go together), my two favourites made it to the finals this week. Nicole is this totally awkward, kinda weird, keeps to herself sort of girl who never said a bad word about anyone. She BLOSSOMED in this show and she took everything so seriously and really worked hard and completely deserves to be where she is. Laura is this totally sweet thing from Kentucky who wears clothes made by Grandma Annie May (I can't really remember grandma's name but it was totally like that) and was castrating bulls on the farm before auditioning. She is absolutely adorable and also deserved to be where she is in teh competition.

I'm sure none of you care about any of this, but it's my blog dammit and I'll write what I want!

I had one of the tot's 5 year old sisters with me today. She's hilarious. She was making me guess what kind of animal she had made out of clay at school. Her clues were that it lived in the jungle and could go in the water or on land and liked to be in trees. I guessed an elephant. Well, her voice got all hysterical and high pitched when she looked at me and said "It can't be an ELEPHANT! Elephants can't go in TREES! They're TOO BIG!"

I love when kids think I'm totally out of my mind with stupidity. She seriously looked at me like she was going to have to call her mom to come and get her and her little brother as I was obviously incompetent and not capable of caring for anyone under 10.

I'd also like it to be noted that, in spite of the 5 year old's suspicions, my getting baby to sleep skills are still on fire. I had baby Bea during nap time today and she never sleeps for her other care giver. I had her asleep in her crib 4 minutes after I started the process. And there was no alcohol involved either.

No comments: